1. What was BVG hoping to achieve with the new release of “unreleased’ items? Gary: Getting new content into the game is a big task, much larger than we had anticipated. We were very aware that players wanted new items in the game sooner rather than later, and so releasing unreleased items seemed like a good solution. We included some hacked items that were rare and valuable as we felt it was unfair that regular players never had the same opportunity to get them.
2. Should we expect more “unreleased” items to be released? Gary: Most likely. They were very well received, so we see no reason not to at this point.
3. Will old items and collectibles be re-released? Gary: If the item was officially released previously and everyone had the opportunity to get it, then no. We know item rarity and value is very important to the players, and we respect that.
4. How often do you guys plan to release a new theme in the game? Gary: We’ll be changing it up from what players are used to. We’ll still create items that tie into a theme, but it won’t be 2 themes a week with the whole theme released at once. We’ll likely release a steady stream of items every day, but at a manageable pace with good price balancing. If a theme is unpopular we’ll stop making items for it. If it’s really popular, we’ll keep going!
5. Are you planning to retire any of the themes in store at the moment? Gary: Not yet. Realistically we plan to run it like any other store. If something sells well, it stays. If something doesn’t sell well, it’s put on clearance and then removed. There will likely be limited edition or even limited number items too.
6. Do you plan to give Yo’s a new source of income aside from the factory and jobs? Gary: We sure do. There will a new passive form of coin generation that only requires a few minutes of time a day, and a new direct form of coin generation that rewards you for the time you spend.