Are you addicted to the internet, or can you go for ages with out using it? If your pc or laptop was broken, or your connection went down, could you survive for a whole 24 hours without experiencing withdrawal symptoms? Or would you be able to fill it with other interesting things?
Welcome to the Reconnect Project on Facebook.
On September 2nd 2012, Reconnect are challenging people to turn off their internet connections for a whole day and reconnect with the physical world. The following day they would like anyone who participated to upload images and files of the creative things they did offline, so that they can be posted on the Facebook page. Here is what the project leaders have to say about their challenge.
- Reconnect is not just another online platform to connect like-minded individuals.
- Reconnect is about sharing creative ORIGINAL content and – more importantly – snapping back to reality by using your creativity, which exists within each and every person, to be original and create something from nothing.
- Reconnect is about realizing your creative potential. By drawing from your interests, manifesting it beautifully and absolutely, demonstrating the inventive powers of the elite species, the human being: You and me.
- Prove to yourself and each other that despite immense technologies, a massive saturation of information and a distressing lack of originality, you can still create something wonderfully original and then share it with the universe.
- Self-fulfillment, self-preservation and self-sufficiency makes the difference between merely existing and truly being alive.